Celebrate National Trails Day by hiking on one of the many unique trails in North Bend State Park. Guided hikes will be provided or you could make your own route. Contact North Bend at 304.643.2931.
Experience North Bend Rail Trail lit by beautiful luminaries as you hike to Tunnel 13. Local lore and history will be shared along the 1.5-mile journey, as well as a ghost story and a free raffle at Tunnel 13. Meet at Shelter 3 at North Bend State Park, follow the signs inside the park. Sponsored by North Bend Rails To Trails Foundation, Inc.
This event engages physically challenged youth from throughout the United States and Canada in the field of recreation. It has created opportunities through the sponsorship of dedicated volunteers. Contact Diana Buzzard at 304.965.1779.
Neon Moon will be performing to help kick off your Independence Day Weekend with their renditions of popular songs from yesterday and today. This local band featuring Jerry and Lisa Queen has been playing throughout the Mid-Ohio Valley for years and will have you dancing the night away to all your favorites. Event hosted at the Amphitheater.
The Mort Report invites the entire Ritchie County Community as well as neighboring counties and beyond to a day and evening of fun activities. Still in the very early planning stages, the location and following attractions for the event have been confirmed:
- The Pizza Box will operate the concessions stand with the full menu available soon.
- All American Kettle Corn will be on site selling bags of kettle corn all evening!
- M&M Inflatables will provide an Inflatable Fun Zone from4-10 pm (armbands will be sold).
- The Starving Artist will provide FREE Caricatures from 5-9 pm (funding provided by Harrisville Shop 'n Save Express).
- Walk Around Clown / Magician (funding provided by State Farm Insurance - Stephanie Hayhurst-Hall Agency in Clarksburg).
- Walk Around Balloon Artist (funding provided by Hughes River Land Services in Harrisville)
- Whitney Settle will provide FREE Face Painting from 4-9 pm (funding provided by A&J Pallet Creations, Marietta, and Mountain State Roofing, Cairo).
- Photo Booth by Jerra Kia Photography. Sparklers and a backdrop with lots of fun props for kids and families will be set up (fees will apply).
- Walk around Meet and Greet Cartoon Characters (provided by Odyssey Theaters in Marietta).
- Whitney Oliverio will sing the United State National Anthem at 8:25 pm (funding provided by Odyssey Theaters in Marietta).
- On stage at 8:30 pm to rock the night is "Rick K and the Allnighters" (funding provided by the Ritchie County Tourism & Visitors Bureau, Inc.)
Additional events still in the negotiation, funding research and planning stages include:
- 💥 Fireworks 💥
- Ice Cream sales
- Cotton Candy sales
- Possible vendor spots
"You can see by what has already been arranged in just a few days this will be an event you and your family will not want to miss," said The Mort Report. "You, your business and or your organization is welcome to join us in making this the event of the year. Let's us know how you would like to help us."
More information will be released as it becomes available.
Contact The Mort Report at 304.476.5395 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Actor Gene Worthington brings Teddy Roosevelt to live in this one-man production. Audiences will find themselves caught up in the reminisces of Teddy Roosevelt as an old man... remembering his days growing up, his love of the Old West and his terms in office. A thrilling and entertaining program for all ages. Event hosted at the Amphitheater. Contact North Bend at 304.643.2931.
Singer and Songwriter Bruce Kahler will be traveling back to his Ritchie County roots to release his debut CD "Hainted Hills." Join Bruce as he plays through his poetic and thoghtful songs, entertaining withg his unique brand of charm and character. A former resident of the area, Bruce now lives in Arizona, so catch him while you can! Event hosted at the Amphitheater. Contact North Bend at 304.643.2931.
Listen as Bil Lepp spins his yarns for you and figure out for yourself what is truth and what is fiction. Hilarious and insightful stories for the whole family! Event hosted at the Amphitheater. Contact North Bend at 304.643.2931.
Live raptors and birds of prey are part of this impressive and educational program. Learn about habitats, diets and behaviors of several birds of prey including owls, hawks and eagles! Event hosted in the Lodge Conference Room. Contact North Bend at 304.643.2931.
Celebrating 50 years since the first running of the Hillbilly Hundred won by Don Gregory. Contact304.588.7131.
Experience the bounty of wild foods while celebrating the wonder of nature. Enjoy a full weekend of hikes, programs and a wild foods banquet. Contact Emily Fleming at 304.558.2754.
Take a hike on the North Bend Rail Trail and experience the beauty of fall at North Bend State Park. Bring a lunch and plenty of water for this 10-mile kike. A shuttle will be provided. Contact North Bend at 304.643.2931.
Spend a relaxing weekend in the North Bend State Park Lodge while working on unfinished quilting projects or take a class and learn from skilled quilters, proficient in their crafts. Contact North Bend at 304.643.2931.
Santa and Mrs. Claus will be stopping at North Bend State Park for breakfast on their way to the North Pole. Check in with the jolly old elf and have your picture taken. Contact North Bend at 304.643.2931.
Ring in the New Year at North Bend State Park. Enjoy an evening of live music, delicious food and celebration. Contact North Bend at 304.643.2931.