Bring your classmates and enjoy this all-you-care-to-eat-and-visit buffet including: meatloaf, mashed potatoes, seasoned green beans, tossed salad bar, fresh baked bread, dessert and coffee or tea. Cost is $8.95 per person and reservations are recommended and may be made by calling North Bend at 304.643.2931, 1.800.CALL.WVA or www.northbendsp.com.
Come celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Nature Wonder Weekend. The event is sponsored by the National Wild Foods Association, West Virginia Division of Natural Resources and North Bend State Park.
Experience the bounty of wild foods while celebrating the wonder of nature. Enjoy a full weekend of hikes, programs and a wild foods banquet. Contact Emily Fleming at the WV Division of Natural Resources at 304.558.2754. Those seeking accommodations with their pets, should contact North Bend directly at 304.643.2931. www.northbendsp.com
- Guest speakers - author and teacher Mike Krebill of Iowa and author and foraging instructor Sam Thayer of Forager's Harvest in Wisconsin.
- Special recognition of Edelene Wood and Euell Gibbons
- Your choice of several workshops
- Choose from Wild Plant Hikes and a Walking Exposition.
- Wild Food Contest
- Wild Foods Social Hour
Live raptors and birds of prey are part of this impressive and educational program. Learn about habitats, diets and behaviors of several birds of prey including owls, hawks and eagles! Event hosted in the Lodge Conference Room. Contact North Bend at 304.643.2931.
The Ritchie County Chamber of Commerce is hosting its annual Christmas in July event from June 30 through August 10, 2017. Win a $250, $150, or $100 gift certificate redeemable at Chamber member businesses, including, but not limited to:
- Bonds Creek Primitives
- City of Pennsboro
- Ellenboro Floors
- Emilee Seese/Pampered Chef
- Harrisville Auto
- Harrisville Shop n Save
- Hometown Pharmacy
- Huntington Bank
- Jennifer Davenport/Thirty One
- Joseph Audia
- Ritchie County Public Libraries
- Long Reach Federal Credit Union
- Par Mar
- Pennsboro Family Pharmacy
- Save A Lot
- Pizza House & Family Restaurant
- Ritchie County Historical Museum
- Ritchie County Historical Society
- The Ritchie Gazette
- Starr Woodworking
- Stout Hardware
- Union Banks
- West Union Banks
Complete an entry ticket with each purchase at one of the above participating Chamber member businesses. Place your entry into the box/container located at that business.
Winners will be announced Saturday, August 12, 2017.